Re: the FRONTMANULATOR and drum machines that improvise

Heh, heh.

I should sample a few of those phrases and put 'em on my sampler
for my next gig. Waddya think? Would it be a copyright infringement?

In a message dated 3/8/02 3:06:49 PM, GLOBAL@cruzio.com writes:

>Rick  "Elvis has left the building"  Walker

That reminds me of a very OT story.

I have a 2nd cousin named Elvis (real name), who lives in Missouri.
The funny part about this is that he is actually older than "The"
Elvis we all know from popular culture would be if he was still alive.
He's had to deal with this overshadowing popular figure all of his life.
Elvis is his own real name. He wasn't named "after" anybody.

Anyway, I first met him while visiting my ailing father in a hospital.
Well, when Elvis' visit was up and it was time for him to go, what
do you suppose he said. Yep. You guessed it. "Tell 'em Elvis has left
the building!" It's funny to think of how this 80+ year old guy named
"Elvis" had finally come to grips with his nemesis (the other Elvis).

:-)

Ted