edp volume query

i've got my edp running on one side of my amp, so
whenever i record a loop, the edp reproduces it at a
drastically lower volume, as compared with the
original signal.  the only solution i've come up with
is to have one side of the power amp turned up louder
than the other but when i do this, the unlooped signla
is too loud on one side and thus unbalanced between
the two sides.  i've got the output maxed so i'm
wondering if this is just the nature of the beast.

my path: alembic preamp = a) edp - eventide - power amp
                          b) eventide - power amp

i'm still collecting funds to buy a switchblade, so
maybe that would solve the problem...any other
suggestions?

thanks.

-jim