Fw: cable directionality physics

from the man behind the curtain at evidence audio (whose cables are
"directional"):

----- Original Message -----
To: <jimfowler@prodigy.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 11:13 PM
Subject: RE: cable directionality physics

The short answer is that there is nothing anyone in my "camp" can say that
will please the skeptics. Their idea of the scientific method requires
proof
measured on a screen or related to a physics model they'll find in a text
book.

Honestly, the audiophile community hasn't provided sufficient data to back
their claims.

"We" cable makers & users & listeners, are satisfied with a less rigorous
(yet valid) scientific methodology:

We listen to a conductor one way vs. another repeatedly and chart our
results... one way being preferred over another... hence validating the
existance of a difference and the need to pay some attention to it when
making cable.

Now this approach is "plausible psuedo-science" at best when viewed by the
EE community, and I don't have ammunition to argue at a level they want to
take it.

We can SEE a directional shape in the crystalline structure of drawn
copper,
and oxides DO form between the crystals, and perhaps there is some diode
rectification that occurs rejecting RF interference in one direction vs.
another... but this is really just speculation.

The difference IS pretty damn small.

A larger difference for directionality in cables deals with the shield
being
attached at one end, to bleed off interference picked up by the shield to
the chassis ground of the equipment with a lower ground potential... such
as
an amplifier with a 3-prong out plug stuck in an outlet... as opposed to a
guitar.  There's no denying that noise (electricity) will find a quicker
path out of the cable towards one end vs. another.