Re: Adrenalinn - more info please

Greg House wrote:

> >From previous posts, I know Mark S. has one of these. Perhaps others
> too. Could you give us more "real world" thoughts on the Adrenalinn?

It's an odd bird, but overall, really sweet.  If you read my previous post
about a future "pro" version, I think that still stands.

> How good are the amp sims? They seem to work for Roger's playing, but
> that doesn't necessarily say much for anyone else's playing.

I think they're OK, but I still feel like my Digitech 2120 sounds better
overall.  I still haven't given the Adrenalinn a good a/b comparison to
anything else, but my first reaction is that the amp sims are good, but
not great.  The filters are what this baby's about.  I am planning on
taking it out as part of a "micro rig" where I have that, another pedal,
JamMan and keyboard amp.  I'll let you know how it goes.

> Obviously it's got the infamous mono-in/stereo-out issue, are there any
> other potential setup headaches?

Not really.  I wish the drums and guitar each had their own stereo outs...
Stereo input with line or instrument level selector. (see future pro
version)

> The interface looks pretty intuitive, but it seems odd to me that
> they'd do it up as a foot pedal instead of a rackmount unit. How
> sturdy/roadworthy do you thing it is?

It's all die cast metal, seems very well made.  The weird thing is all you
have is a drum start/stop button and a bypass/tempo button.  This thing
REALLY needs at LEAST a patch up and a patch down button.  I've kept it on
a table top and just twisted the knob to control patches.  It's an awkward
box, not fully a table top, not a good floor pedal.  Great time based
effects.  I'd love to see this thing with my mods as a rack unit with some
more knobs to tweak and a dedicated foot pedal.