RE: Repeater pedals?

While Repeater does pad the loop, this padding is *outside* of the initial
loop points.  Meaning that if you want to set the loop point sooner than
when you hit record, you can, as it buffers the input.

I think that your "sponginess" may be from the quantization of the loop
points to falling right on the down beat.  I find that I can kill any
sponginess (read: my initial sloppy tempo and record button press) by
entering trim seconds mode (hit trim twice), then rapidly hitting play
while
turning the dial.  This way I can find the perfect attack location for the
loop trigger point.

If you need the initial loop point "nailed down" initially, all I can
recomend is work on timing.  I don't play guitar (at the moment) and
utilize
my repeater in electronic music production and experimentation.  With
Repeater's internal clock perfectly synched to the beat, I have witnessed
near perfect timing with the repeater.

-Nathan

                                                                  .-.