Re: Adrenalinn - more info please

-----Original Message-----
From: David Beardsley <db@biink.com>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Qua and Vishara Veda" <exalted@easystreet.com>
> I'm [snip] not sure if I get exactly what you mean
> regarding playing "loud" on Stick, and "diads".

A diad has only two notes. A chord has more then two.
===
David is essentially correct.  In music theory class, we discussed diads
(two
notes, not considered to be an entire chord) and triads (three note chord,
built
in thirds).  Seventh chords are still built in thirds like triads, but
include a
fourth note.  To the best of my memory (granted that's not as good as it
used to
be!), chords this large and larger were never given a name regarding the
number
of notes.  Diads and triads were it.  Nothing for chords of four or more
notes.
But we all knew that seventh chords had four notes, ninth chords had five,
etc.

Cheers,

Bill