Re: O.T. Computers

SoundFNR@aol.com wrote:

> SCSI disks are supposed to be the best, but now the
> IDE disks are easily good enough, and are cheaper
> and more importantly quieter.
> Also, the faster the disk spins, the louder it is,
> and the "slower" Hard Drives  these days are quite
> fast enough.
> (unless you want to record 24 tracks at once).
> ...but do get the largest capacity disk you can.

Is this really true?  Are SCSI disks louder?  I've never really a/b'd
two, but the difference has never been obvious to me.  Fan noise is your
biggest problem, IMO, and you can spend a bit more to get quiet fans.
Frankly, I can't remember the last time I used a mic, and I really don't
notice the sound of my G4 while I'm mixing, but I don't have a true
"studio" environment.

Mark