RE: new to LD - advice please

----- Original Message -----
From: "kevin gallagher" <kgal696969@hotmail.com>
>Thanks for the help and info- I'm looking forward to
>learning about this machine through the group and of
>course by experimenting. BTW- I did order everything
>from alto music- the deal there was much much better
>than the other internet deals- echoplex was $649 +
>shipping and the footcontroller $99. Already the group
>has helped me make a good choice- so thanks again!

I also just ordered the Gibson Echoplex Digital Pro (EDP) from Alto Music.
I spoke to a woman there who told me that Gibson had discontinued the unit
and they (Alto Music) bought all the remaining stock.  They have "quite a
few" of them.  On their website they are advertising them for $699, but
they
also have them listed on eBay for $649.  They were willing to honor the
eBay
price when I called the store directly, but I was unable to get them to go
below that.

They did offer me the foot controller for $99, which I declined.  I believe
I saw something on the LD website about how to build one yourself.  Anyone
have any experience with building a foot controller for the EDP?  They
charged me $20 for 3-business-day shipping via FedEx from New York to
California, which did not seem excessive.  And they said they would ship
the
same day I ordered.

If you think you might want an EDP you might think about getting one while
they are still available.

-Vance Gloster