Re: magazines (was RE: G4 and digi001? (was O.T. Computers))

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Reid, Benjamin wrote:

> The ONLY mag for me is Tape Op www.tapeop.com which is written by
>musicians
> and actually has articles with useful info. EM is OK for the refresher
> articles (hey we all need them from time to time) but the rest of it is
>one
> big advertorial.
>
> Tape Op is a bit more geared to the analog/indie community but the tone
>is
> always great and I have gotten some of the best tips/explanations/damn
>good
> reading from that mag. Oh, did I mention subscriptions are FREE?
>
> Ben

I just started my subscription with the most recent issue, and love it for
its tone and focus, it's a great magazine. And while subscriptions may be
free, after just one free issue I now want to spend money and build my own
plate reverb according to the instructions in the howto article :).

best,
Steve Burnett
burnett@pobox.com