Re: RC-20 review

i got the pedal and was pretty happy with it for about
a week and then i noticed all of its shortcomings.
although the price tag is about half of that of the
edp and repeater and less than all of the other pieces
available...the question you need to ask yourself is
"what am i planning to do with this in the long run?"

it is a great toy, but without all of the
functionality of the other devices, are you going to
outgrow the rc-20 really quickly?  by you being on
this list, i'm guessing that you are actively trying
to do something more with loops than just having
something in the background and although boss makes
pretty reliable boxes...it just isn't the beast that
the repeater and edp are.

some situations, you can go with lower end gear
depedning on what you are doing, but for loop based
stuff, you really need to make the plunge into the
real deal stuff...again, depends on what you are
doing...but having sync abilities and midi is super
important to use this gear practically...but the rc-20
is a really fun and expensive toy for someone looking
for that extra texture.

just my opinion...e va n