Re: Boss RC-20

> I'm having some fun finding instrustruments which sound
> interesting backwards and the big winner is the ting-cha.
> This is a Tibetan chime, two heavy disks connected with a cord.
> The sound is an instantaneous note with very long sustain,
> so in reverse you hear a normal ringing which very suddenly
> stops.

Yes!  Ting-sha's sound great in reverse!  Try a triangle, too!

As a non-reverse technique, I hit a gong, then quickly make a very short
loop as it decays.  The idea is to grab a quick "snapshot" of the sound.
If
you get a really quick snapshot, the sound does not decay very much and you
have an infinitely sustained gong (more or less).

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com