RE: Greetings, and a question about sampling/chopping

Shawn,

SONAR 2.0 is the way to go.  It's new synth Cyclone DXi will allow you to
trigger loops from any midi device. It supports key mapping and multiple
outputs. You also have full control of each slice of a loop, and can assign
individual slices to different MIDI notes.

If you already have SONAR 1.0 you can get SONAR 2.0 for $79.  Cyclone alone
is worth the price of admission.

You might also consider the VSampler DXi synth.  You could use that to
assign different samples from a chopped up loop to different MIDI notes on
keyboard.

I work here at Cakewalk so let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Carl Jacobson