RE: musicality vs. gear quality (was Re: loop mud)

On 23 Apr 2002 at 8:56, Gary Lehmann wrote:

> OOh boy, flame wars!
> I will always remember Steve Lawson's advice about learning all the
> capabilities of one piece of gear before adding another--let's see him do
> that now that he's using an Echoplex--and then let's give him the Loop IV
> upgrade!

I'm having a heck of a lot of fun with the Echoplex - investigating
functions, working
through the ramifications for my music of using any of them, incorporating
some and
ignoring others... I had all the material for my new solo CD together
until I got this thing,
and now have some more recording to do... :o) I'm learning it, and am not
adding
anything new for a while...! Loop III is quite enough for the S'man's
down-homey
loopaliciousness right now... :o)

BTW - thanks to all those of you who advance-ordered my new CD - it's out
now, and all
the advance orders have been sent, so do let me know when you get it and
feel free to
post reviews here... :o) For those of you that haven't got it yet, you can
listen to sound
clips and order it from my website. It's called 'Conversations' and is a
duo CD with the
fabulous british jazz pianist Jez Carr... there's a review on the
'conversations' page from
Andre as well... :o)

cheers

Steve