RE: musicality vs. gear quality (was Re: loop mud)

"...but then again, i come from the
phish jam school where music is a collective effort
and not a solo thing"

Had the loopers you witnessed been practicing together on that on
instrument
(read: instrument + loopers + other gear) for over 10 years?  The reason
Phish sounds so tight *together*, is because they have played *together* so
much.  They know how to communicate with each other using a meta language
of
the music that they are actually playing!

I have NEVER heard a jam as cohesive as a Phish jam (post '94 let's say),
at
an open jam night.  Have you?  If so, where can I go to hear such awesome
jams and interconnectedness from people who have JUST met each other that
night/recently?

-Nathan
                                                                  .-.