Re: musicality vs. gear quality (was Re: loop mud)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pedro Felix" <PedroFelix@worldnet.att.net>

> From: "Pedro Felix" <pfelix28@yahoo.com>
>
> > btw, i'll be doing some type of "entertainment music"
> > (some type of party) at Chama on Friday if anyone is
> > interested in hearing some sounds.
>
> The Chama site shows you also playing on 4/25 Thursday?
>

> darn. that's news to me and i'll have to check with Stv today, but i'm
>not
> sure. I always like to play so what the hey. how did Sat. go?

Jez fine. I got there when Tom Ritchford was still setting up.
I've downsized my pedal board so I can set up in about five min.
I brought a Kobe 1x12 cab and set up in the corner instead of
the stage. I was all set up in a few and was soon enjoying a
looped cable plug in. I think I'd like to incorporate more glitch
into my future sets at open loop.

I guess I played for about an hour alone then Tom played for
a while ....then some new audience types showed up so I played
for a 1/2 hour and then I packed up my equipment. Tom jammed
with a buddy who played a Yamaha mini sequencer...Samone
the Sushi Queen had a prepared cassette of material. stv jns
had some way cool loops running when I left.

NYC loopers! Show up! Perform! Support open loop!

...but I won't be at open loop 'til 5.11....gotta sew them darm microtones
in South Ca....they don't have enough!

Out on the tractor...sewing my microtones...I'm just a microtonal
tycoon....
this has such a flossing vibeers.....

* David Beardsley
* http://biink.com