EMUSIC Playlist #265

[ Best viewed using a fixed spacing font. ]

EMUSIC is an electronic, ambient, and space music show, that airs each
Thursday
at 11:04 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem, PA and 93.9 FM in
Easton,
PA and Phillipsburg, NJ.

                    Show #265                    April 18, 2002.

RECAP:
On this show, I continued the month-long focus on Saul Stokes, a
synthesist who
builds his own instruments and feels that live performance is where his
music
is best created.  The Featured CD at midnight was "Washed in Mercury" on
the
Hypnos label.

The vinyl show starter was from the LP "X" by Klaus Schulze on the Brain
label.

I played the music of Eric Wollo who will be at the Gathering on April 27.
I also played music by artists who appeared at the Space for Music
festival in
Nashville, Tennessee.

Saul Stokes
http://wdiyfm.org/programs/emusic/playlists/2002/focus02.html#apr
Eric Wollo     http://wdiyfm.org/programs/emusic/events.html

PLAYLIST:

ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
==============================
11:04 pm
Klaus Schulze           George Traki             X (Brain)
Hemisphere              Point Two                Attachment X (Groove)
Synergy                 Relay Breakdown          Reconstructed Artifacts
(Third
                                                   Contact)
Eric Wollo              Sea                      Wind Journey (Spotted
Peccary)
Eric Wollo              Open Land                Wind Journey (Spotted
Peccary)
VA [Under the Dome]     Launch                   Hampshire Jam Preserved
Robert Rich & Ian Boddy  State of Flux           Outpost (DiN)
VA [Robert Rich]        Guitar Harmonics         Basic Space (Space for
Music)
Zero Ohms and           The Dream Garden         Soundfall to the Infinite
  Brannan Lane                                     (Space for Music)

12:00 am
Saul Stokes             We Found It at Io        Washed in Mercury (Hypnos)
Saul Stokes             Deep in the Grass        Washed in Mercury (Hypnos)
Saul Stokes             The Tunnel Twins         Washed in Mercury (Hypnos)
Saul Stokes             Zona                     Washed in Mercury (Hypnos)
Saul Stokes             Kasei                    Washed in Mercury (Hypnos)
Saul Stokes             Clearing                 Washed in Mercury (Hypnos)
Saul Stokes             Sweet Paraffin           Washed in Mercury (Hypnos)

1:00 am

 * = exerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)

NEXT SHOW:
On the next EMUSIC, I'll conclude the the month-long focus on Saul Stokes.
 The
Featured CD at Midnight will be "Edge of the Forest" self-released by the
artist in handmade wooden boxes.

The vinyl show starter will be from the LP "Apollo Atmospheres and
Soundtracks"
by Brian Eno on the Editions E.G.  label.

Bill        billfox@fast.net           http://wdiyfm.org/programs/emusic