Re: delay question / Vortex?

Loopers-Delight-d-request@loopers-delight.com writes:

> i've been looping with deja vu, messing with the feedback settings. i'm
> liking it, it's
>  seamless enough for me, and i like having a smaller loop area to work
>with
> since it forces me
>  to try harder to get something cool going for that second or whatever.
>the
> problem is my
>  loops are not as loud as the original sound. is that normal? i've only
>had
> little time to
>  experiment, but the loops seem to automatically drop in level a little
just
> after i pull the
>  fader down on the channel that's feeding the vortex. i'm used to stuff
that
> keeps the same
>  volume, is this because of the envelope functions?

In deja vu B (the looper preset) you can turn down
MOD FX LVL and the original sound will disappear.

don't know about the automatic fading thing,
no Vortex patches have this.
Could be something to do with the
fact you,re feeding back into th Vortex

>  everything i read about the vortex suggests it's got a learning curve
>and
> has to be tamed.
>  i'm cool with that i'm just trying to get the hang of it so i can use
>it
for
> a couple of
>  (very soon) loop heavy shows. any insight and tricks appreciated,
>thanks!

print out that manual at once, or at least the pages with
the FX diagrams.

and write down any good patches you find!
(or you'll regret it)
...you can even share patches on my "database"

search LD archives for the famed
Dual Looper patch
and there's even a delay with pitch mod

most of this stuff was 1998-1999