Re: For G-bashers

At 4:45 PM -0400 4/27/02, Butch wrote:
>Pat Metheny close to Kenny G country!
>
>Man, you don't know squat about Pat Metheny. No offense.

You're right. I don't know squat about Pat Metheny. I heard one of
his records in 1969 and it wasn't to my taste. That doesn't mean I
don't think he isn't a fine guitarist or that I think he has bad
taste, or that people who like Metheny have bad taste. It's just not
my taste.

I've just listened to a few more cuts (including some of those
recommended) and most of it still isn't to my taste.

However, I wouldn't mind hearing more of the Coleman recordings, or
Sign for Four. I just don't care for the "mellow" stuff.

And for the record, both Butch and Andrew misquoted by comment, which
was "[Metheny is] more interesting than I thought, but still closer
to Kenny G country that what I normall[y] listen to."

How do you know what I normally listen to?

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com