New Jazzer on the list

Hi all.
I am a jazz guitarist from Champaign, IL who just joined the list. I have
been building a looping setup with two Boss RC-20 Loop Stations, and am
almost done with it.

This jazz setup consists of an Ibanez Artist AR-250 with a Copeland hex
humbucker pickup in the neck position to split the strings so that the top
four go through a guitar amp simulator and the bottom two can go through a
Dano Chili Dog octave divider pedal and a Sansmp Bass DI for a bass sound.
ended up with two RC-20's when a certain mail order place sent me two when
only ordered and paid for one! After I had them for a while, I realized
that
when you string two RC-20's in series you can do a lot of cool tricks like
recording a long loop over multiple repitiions of a short loop (like the
Multiply pedal on the Gibson/Oberheim Echoplex). I have 4-bar jazz drum
loops (from the Peter Erskine Living Drums CD plus a few from regular jazz
CDs) stored in the first RC-20, which I play bass-and-guitar accompaniments
over, then loop the whole thing and solo on it.

I intend to use this setup mostly for straight jazz, but I have done some
messing around in other styles. I did a few gigs using my Roland VG-8 and a
borrowed Oberheim Echoplex to do Mahavishnu Orchestra tunes and simulate a
bluegrass band.

I'm interested to hear from other loopers doing jazz stuff, and others
using
the
two-RC-20s-in-series trick. Thanks!

Mark Smart