Re: Handsonic

I had (and sold) two Handsonics already. It's a great
device. I mostly used congas, bongos and wood blocks. I
never sctratched the surface of that animal: there are
so many world-beat type of sounds that would make
composition very interesting (if one had the time).

Someone else noted the annoying D-beam inadvertent
triggers. Most disconcerting when the sound is a gong!

Since I didn't use it all the time, I found it hard to
reconcile having a $1000 approx. device sitting around
doing nothing. I since bought a bonafide pair of congas
and a wood block. Bongos are next on my list (course one
needs a good way to mike this stuff).

I DID find that (notwithstanding the broad sound
pallette available on the HPD-15) real congas are more
fun to play and are, needless to say, more dynamic.

Although I didn't use it all the time because of
laziness, the HPD-15 stand is probably a must-have for
stage use. That thing can really slide around on one's
lap.

Regards, Butch