Powered PA speakers?

Hey gang,

I've been doing small shows with a pair of Peavey KB60 keyboard amps.
They actually seem to do a pretty good job, and they were very
inexpensive at a time when I was very broke.  I've played a few gigs
lately where they were using the Mackie SRM 450s, and each time I've
thought to my self, "gee those sound damn good."  Are they really worth
it?

So here's my question, are they the best deal around?  I'm hoping for
nothing bigger, and the polycarbonate cabs will probably do wonders for
my back (the Peavey's would make wonderful boat anchors)  At $700 a
piece, they're a bit pricey.  I see the JBL Eon 15 going for $400/per.
Has anyone done a comparison?  If the main issues are wattage, I'm more
interested in quality.  The 60w Peaveys have been fine for the small
places I tend to play (cafes, parties)

Yamaha and Behringer also have similar products in the $400 range.  Any
opinions?

I just have a feeling I'll have a hard time at a music shop trying to
make comparisons over the din of Stairway to Halen and I know this bunch
is pretty discerning when it comes to sound quality.

Mark Sottilaro