Percussion and Looping

hi gang,

jon wagner wrote:

"Welcome!  there's lots of us percussionists here.  There's not a whole lot
of percussion discussion "

just wanted to let you know that I gave a lecture demonstration  the
technology and
uses of looping to the Percussion Arts Society "Day of Percussion"
in Santa Cruz yesterday which seemed to be well recieved.

To my knolwedge, it is the first time that this has been
done............I'm
lobbying
to have the international PAS convention have me come and lecture demo at
their
next annual meeting in Columbus, Ohio for this coming November.

I was shocked that in all the electronic percussion presentations this last
year in
Nashville that there wasn't one demo of looping............it was all
sample
triggering
with a modicum of sequencing.   The possibilities, as jon well knows and
utilizes so
creatively are myriad for percussionists and looping.

yours,  Rick Walker (loop.pool)