Re: time signature changes in LoopIV

>At 05:18 PM 6/4/2002, Hans Lindauer wrote:
>I believe that you can indeed do this, by using presets (although I
>haven't tried it yet).
>
>-Hans
>

> > Too bad you cannot change
> > "8th/cycle" by midi with the new EDP loop4 OS. How cool would it be to
>step
> > on a EDP button that kicks the Repeater into polyrhythmics!!!
> >
> > Per Boysen

Hans is correct, the expected way to do this in LoopIV is by setting the
values you want as a preset and changing it with a midi program change
command.

If you want to get more sophisticated, you can also edit anything you want
with sysex. For example, a short sysex string for the 8th/cycle parameter
could be sent to edit it to any value you like. The preset way is much
simpler though.

You can also still do the way that worked in LoopIII, by virtually
pressing
the corresponding front panel buttons with a string of midi commands.

There is another great new feature related to this. Changes of 8th/cycle
intelligently wait to the next cycle point to go into effect. This way
your
time signature changes occur in rhythm and the beat is not lost. Without a
feature like this, time signature changes become difficult to do
accurately
and make the idea hardly worth it. But with the EDP helping you out a bit
and making sure the change happens in rhythm it's easy and great fun!

kim