Re: looping and how it is overrated :-)

> To me, loops are tools. A loop is something you do to a sound. They
> fall into the same section in my musical mind as echoes and reverb

:) Thats fair enough... that is how you use loops. However, for me, the
whole of my performance is based around the looping technology. Without
the live looping, my project  and my music would not exist.

You say that loops fall into the same section as reverb and echoes.
Again, its how you use them that determines how rated or overrated you
deem them to be. I have actually performed an hour concert using just a
single repetition tap-tempo delay - playing Vivaldi and Bach type duets
with myself.

So, I agree wholeheartedly with your views, as they are your views, from
your viewpoint. However, I am glad to see that you accept other people's
views who might be looking in completely the opposite direction :)

--
Stuart Wyatt - Solo String Project
http://www.solostring.com