SV: Tap Tempo with EDP

> > What is the best way to manage Tap Tempo in a system?  Is it
> > better to use an Eventide Eclipse (or any effects processor
> > for that matter) or is it better to use the EDP as the main source?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Steve

Even though the EDP doesn't timestrech loops on tempo change (as Repeater
does) I like using the EDP as sync master/source. What you then have to do
to change the tempo is to step on "rec" and record a new loop in the new
tempo. For me that is far more intuitive than trying to "tap" the tempo
into
some electronic device while playing. I've tried this with Repeater and
with
Jam Man but I could never get it to work musically when playing/looping
together with other musicians.

With my setup everything that are syncing to the EDP midi click stops while
I'm recording the new (tempo) loop. This gives some kind of "break effect"
because on closing the "record loop" all the slaving machinery kicks in at
the new tempo.

Best wishes

Per Boysen
http://loopboy.tk