Re: Question about gear

No, that's actually a good question.  There is a big difference with
starting two units at the
same time, and having two units synched, and I think it's mainly a matter
of accounting for
slight differences in even identical units, or small initial errors that
don't sound audible
at first, but after many loops become very apparent.  MIDI is not that
stable either.  Having
one unit "slave" to another means that no matter what the first one's
doing, the second will
compensate to the two units will play together forever.  Now, the matter
of having two
different sized loops is a good one.  Using a Repeater and a JamMan both
synched to a MIDI
clock of a drum machine or Digital Performer 3 via my Mac, I'm able to
make two seperate loops
of totally different lengths, that both synch to the MIDI clock.  Neither
loop has to start at
any particular time, in relation to eachother or to the MIDI clock, but
they'll always start
at the same time in the cycle as when they were first started.

Hope that makes sense.

Mark Sottilaro