Re: Repeater vs EDP

Stuart Wyatt wrote:

> I think my point earlier was just due to my frustration that I might be
> stuck permanently with OS1.1 - Its buggy, could have so many options,
> more midi implementation etc. etc.

Buggy?  I was one of the 1.1 beta testers, and I can pretty much say that
there are very few bugs in the current Repeater OS.  My Repeater is very,
very stable.  I think I got it to crash once, but I was doing something
odd... I forget what...

More MIDI implementation?  Seems pretty robust to me.  Is there a function
you can't control via MIDI?

I do agree that the Repeater would be a more useful box if it could end a
loop in overdub.  I hope Electrix lives to make that a feature in a future
OS.  While they're at it, I'd love to be able to pre determine a loop
length in measures.  Have it automatically drop out of record after 4 or 8
measures.  I hate having to think about closing the loop at the right time
when synched to a MIDI clock.

Also, I'm again hearing about the delay of the dry signal pass through the
Repeater.  If there is a latency, it must be very tiny.  I can not hear
it.  I've hooked it up to an effects send, where it should have been
apparent, and did not notice any delay.  Does anyone else here this delay?

Mark