Re: Repeater OS issues

On Thursday, June 13, 2002, at 08:42 PM, Greg House wrote:

> What are your complaints with it?

Ive stated a few bugs in the O.S. - one is it is impossible to build up
ambient drones on a pre-recorded empty loop on overdub. Try with a vocal
mic on a fast (180BPM) 2/4 beat loop and build up a quick choral layer.
Notice the glitches in the gain?

Also, try (again with a fast loop - 2/4 180BPM ) to extend the loop.
Sometimes the BPM drops drastically (CPU overload?) for a few seconds.

Try dreaming about this unit for 2 years, reading the advertising,
planning how to use it for all of this time. Then, suddenly being in a
position to borrow a Midi footpedal and effects unit, then the worlds
best electric violin (in my opinion - no wars about my judgement on
this).... and then in 24 hours, received enough donations from followers
of my project to buy a Repeater.....

...And then I get it, and cannot use it in the way that I had been lead
to believe I could. Maybe I use loops differently from you, or because I
play completely hands-free - I'm having this problem.

It sucks that after all of this, that I still cannot play my music the
way that I want to.
--
Stuart Wyatt - Solo String Project
http://www.solostring.com