Repeater latency

Huh, I think you're contradicting yourself.  Any digital device is going to
have SOME latency.  It's the nature of the beast.  I think your brain
starts
being able to decern separate events (known in the effects world as
doubling)
at around 20 ms.  Shorter than that and it's perceived as phase
distortion.  If
you're telling me that when you put it in your effect loop and don't turn
dry
mute off, you just get a "very slightly flanged/phased" then you're saying
the
Repeater has a very low latency.  The lack of crispness is that this type
of
phase distortion acts like a comb filter due to destructive interference.
If
this is what you're getting, I won't waste my time testing the Repeater,
it's
good enough for me.

I don't have numbers, but I wonder what is considered "real" time in a
processor?  My guitar signal quickly becomes a 24 bit digital signal, gets
messed with, then reconverted into an analog signal.  I wonder how long
those
conversions take?  I just realized that this happens as much as 3 times
during
it's life span!  Where are these lost milliseconds going?  Will I ever get
them
back?  Have I been raped by DSP technology?

Mark Sottilaro