Re: Firesign Theatre

<<One big difference:  The Firesign Theatre is
  still performing and still coming out with new,
good stuff.  There seemed to be a dip in quality
during the 80s, when (I think) Ossman left for a
while, but all four are back together, and "Give
Me Immortality or Give Me Death" and "Boom Dot
Bust" are pretty dandy.>>

I THINK I first heard of Firesign Theatre when
they did a TV special for, I believe, HBO. I may
have them mixed up with somebody else there, but
at any rate, I somehow or another heard of them,
and borrowed several of their albums from the
library when I was a teenager (this would have to
have been ca. 88-91). I remember one of them was
Eat Or Be Eaten, one of the albums they did as a
trio, and I actually rather liked it, and though
I haven't heard it in about 10 years, I still
think it was pretty funny. In particular, I liked
the Tonto First National Bank bit ("I'm sorry,
you are presently in the red, so stick em up!").
I haven't heard anything they've done recently
though.

When I was in the Navy in the early 90's, I
bought all of the first three albums on cassette
at the Tower Records across the street from the
San Diego Sports Arena.

But getting back to the point that I think the
original poster that I quoted above was making, I
was saying was that Sony reissued How Can You Be
In Two Places At Once... a couple years ago, and
now they've reissued it, along with Waiting For
The Electrician..., Don't Crush That Dwarf...,
and I Think We're All Bozos On This Bus. I
suppose my confusion is this: Why didn't they
reissue all four albums a couple years ago? And
why reissue an album now that you reissued just a
couple years ago? I mean, they've reassigned it a
new catalog number, given it different cover art,
and all of the new reissues have clear CD trays,
whereas my old copy of How Can You Be In Two
Places... At Once... has a black one, and so on.
I mean, it looks like the newest version of the
CD seems to exist strictly for the purpose of
having it match the other three. And of course,
this begs the question, well, why didn't they
just reissue all four CD's back in 98 or whenever
it was that the How Can You Be In Two Places At
Once... Cd that I have came out.

Of course, the obvious answer to all of this is
real simple: It's Sony! What did you expect?!

=====
May you never thirst!
The Scuba Diver Presently Known As Chris

"What do you get when you give a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?"-James
Earl Jones