Re: Mail Order vs local

In a message dated 6/21/2002 3:34:01 PM Mountain Standard Time, ghunicycle@yahoo.com writes:

Beyond that, the other clientelle is often even more rude then the
employees. How can you demo a piece of studio-quality gear when you
have Eddie Van Kornhead blasting a Marshall stack 10 feet away? How
long does it take to demo something? The last time I went to an LMS, I
was there for half an hour looking around and a young man sat there
playing a high powered halfstack the entire time (he was there before I
came in, and was still there when I left...) WITHOUT CHANGING THE
SETTINGS ON EITHER THE AMP OR THE GUITAR! Literally over an hour with
one tone. It would have been pretty hard to try something out that
day...

It's like going to a clothing store and wearing a new shirt and pair of socks for a couple of hours before you know weather or not you want to buy it...