petereinhorn: Re: granular looping as a sustain pedal?

just caught this.....

petereinhorn@mac.com writes:
>Can granular looping be used to imitate a sustain pedal (as the functions
>name implies] or, even better, a sostenuto pedal?
w/the granular looping effect (as defined by kim) on the edp IV?
well..... sort of, but w/audible bumps.
(it's a useable sound, for me, but not what i guess yer trying to get at,
here).
your best bet to achieve this effect might be with the 'reverb looping'
capability of an (old) lexicon pcm70 (usually available for under $500.,
used) attached to a midi controller.
hth.
best,
dt / splattercell