loop 4 bug?

first let me say that i have had some great fun this weekend with loop
windowing.

this may be a limitation and not a bug.
i was not that familiar with loop 3, so it may not be a new thing either.

1. record initial loop (mine was 2 beats. i left 8ths per beat at 8 -
shouldn't matter, though).
2. overdub two passes.
3. multiply out to 4 cycles.
4. undo. (this removes what was overdubbed during multiply but leaves the
loop at 4 cycles)
    seems to me that we should now have a one cycle loop, but not a big
deal.

5. undo again.

now we have the original loop as cycle 1, the first overdub (step 2a) as
cycle 2 and cycles 3 and 4 are the original cycle plus both
overdubs from step 2.

strange.
but if this is the price to pay for loop windowing, then it is worth it.