Re: OT: CARP passed- this sucks.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg House" <ghunicycle@yahoo.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 21:11 PM
Subject: Re: OT: CARP passed- this sucks.

> --- Kim Flint <kflint@loopers-delight.com> wrote:
>
> > At this point, the whole idea that they
> > won't pay people is just paranoid speculation anyway.
>
> They never paid me for the music I recorded on those DAT tapes a few
> years ago.
>
> > But anyway, I still don't see what the big deal is.
>
> DMCA isn't just about webcasting, it goes a lot farther. Check Stephen
> Goodman's writeup on it, or some of the other links that have been
> posted.

I was just about to say that the DMCA stuff is the sledgehammer to kill
this
puppy.  Brutally and with accountants and lawyers.

http://www.earthlight.net/Thoughts002.html is where my point-by-point
analysis is, with updates just concerning the DMCA.

Stephen P. Goodman
EarthLight Productions
*
http://www.earthlight.net/Studios - The Free Loop of the Week!