Re: United Looper's Coalition. A proposal. (was...the CORRECTEDMATH)

>OK, I see my confusion.  I read an email that said, ".07 cents"  which IS
>7
>100ths of a cent, which is evidently a LOT less than 7 cents.  It makes
>more
>sense to me now.  (no pun intended)

Odds are, news reports have made the mistake, too.  Something about numbers
scares the mainstream newsie.

>So this all leads me to conclude that the only way out, until or if this
>decision gets reversed, is to form a coalition of unsigned artists that
>have
>nothing to do with the RIAA or any other similar group, and formed an
>internet
>based radio station(s) that ONLY use work that's been released by the
>artist,
>basically what mp3.com is doing, but DJ'd and streamed.  Seems like it
>wouldn't
>be that hard if you already have an internet streaming station, no?  It's
>just
>a matter of acquiring content.  Maybe we should form the United Looper's
>Coalition, gather content and signed releases and offer it to appropriate
>internet radio stations for them to stream.
>
>Am I totally off base here?  It's so wacky, it might just work!
>
>Mark Sottilaro

Two replies:

A) I'd welcome a loopers' webcast, or several.

B) As a political/economic movement, I'd suggest we think larger.  Stuff
from every genre, and more.  There are now people in every neighborhood who
record their own music at what was once professional-only quality.  Some of
it's looping, some is hip-hip, some is gospel, some is rock ....

And even if we consider Sturgeon's Law, that 90% of everything is shit,
that still means there are hundreds of thousands of unsigned producers of
music out here.

THAT is your potential content base.

---
* just-john@just-john.com  http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml *