Re: looping: a structural cucaracha...

Bruno,

In a message dated 6/27/02 7:10:05 AM, brunoklein@ideastudioweb.com writes:

<snip>
>in effects looks like technical issues are much
>more interesting for the majority of us.
<snip>

Hi there!

FWIW, I (for one) wouldn't say that. However interesting I may
find a particular discussion, whether techno/gear-related or
muso/aesthetic-philosophical, I don't respond unless I have
something semi-substantial (in my own mind at least) to add.
In other words, if I don't have something fairly meaningful to
contribute . . . I keep my thoughts to myself pretty much.

I think, perhaps, that a lot of other loopfolk on the list are the
same way. Many simply "lurk" a lot (like me) . . . just listening in
on the conversation . . . and responding with a comment when they
have one -- like me right now. Don't be too hard on us. We're just
shy and trying hard to be "polite."

OTOH, it's much easier to respond to a post about an issue
surrounding some piece of gear with the usual "Yeah, I've had
that problem/bug too . . . or I tried one of those once and didn't
like it either . . . or what about that new gizmo . . . where did
you buy yours?" It's easier to put in one's "2 cents" and not
look like an idiot in those situations.

I guess I don't mind looking like a idiot too much . . . because
it's pretty obvious by now that I am one. :-) So . . . without
further ado . . . it's back to lurk mode for me.

Cheers,

Ted Killian