Re: looping: a structural approach - Ernesto's comments

Title: Re: looping: a structural approach - Ernesto's comments
On that note, one concept I'd like to explore is
to take the idea of the "looper as an instrument"
further by having a seperate person operating it.
In my experience this leads to much more
interesting possibilities.

Yes, I did that once -- a friend happened to be visiting, we were fooling around, and he played the looper and Kaos pad while I sang, played synths and acoustic piano (not going into the looper).
Within about 2 minutes he did several things that I never thought to do -- e.g., ride the mike volume from 0 to loud, thus playing with the natural acoustics of the voice in the room.
I too enjoyed just playing and not having to worry about pedals and such.