Re: looping: a structural approach

>e_schnack@yahoo.com writes:
>
>>On that note, one concept I'd like to explore is
>>to take the idea of the "looper as an instrument"
>>further by having a seperate person operating it.
>> In my experience this leads to much more
>>interesting possibilities.

I've done a lot of work with remixing others live.  Usually with a singer,
but also with guitarists.  If you are working with someone who is a strong
improvisor, it can be pretty amazing.  It's a lot of fun to grab
interesting tidbits of what someone is doing and looping it, allowing them
to layer over themselves.  Some of the best players I've worked with using
this approach will start to expect the loop, repeating something they want
me to grab until they start to hear it back...

   Kevin

Kevin Goldsmith                          kevin@unitcircle.com
Unit Circle Media                   http://www.unitcircle.com