OT re vs880

Jon Arterton wrote:

> I'm looking to hire a gentle Looper Coach in the Boston area
> (preferably Cape Cod).
> I'm a techno-challenged New England Conservatory-trained singer with
> a wide range and a lot of experience with writing vocal a cappella
> arrangements and doing vocal improvisation. I'm hoping to hire a
> consultant to help me set up a user-friendly system for solo-voice
> loop-based LIVE performance. I'm MAC-based and have some gear,
> including a Roland VS-880 (but even it scares me).
> Please call Jon Arterton  (508) 487-0477.

1) yes, the vs880 can be somewhat intimidating for a little box, but
always remember: it is smaller than you, has fewer moving parts, and, in
a pinch, you could probably outrun it...

2) on your needing a loop coach, methinks there ought to be plenty of
loopers able/willing to take that one up (heck, i'd even give you a
short lesson in all i know if i was east coast-based...but it would be
quite short!)

3) on the topic of the vs880, i have a question to the list. i have one
of these small dinosaurs, and while i save money toward a 24 track unit,
i figure the least i could do to make my recording life more livable
would be to invest in a bigger hard drive for it (1GB sure doesn't go
very far these days!). i just got an admail for a maxtor 120GB drive for
US $160...does this thing fit, and/or what have others put into the
vs880?

4) respond off list, blah blah blah.

lance g.