Re: Why stereo? its a lesser spotted stan......

yes.
phase difference is another factor.
this gets more difficult with lower frequencies because
the phase difference from ear to ear is directly proportional...

there are also reflections from the outer ear that give cues.

this is easy to try with your computer
it starts getting difficult for me below 200
(partly because my speakers are no good)