Re: DL-4

On Thursday, July 4, 2002, at 09:45 PM, S V G wrote:

> A common misconception... the DL-4 (and the other multi-coloured Line 6
> stomp boxes) are not
> made with metal casings, they are plastic.

I'd have to disagree with you... After two years of playing mine on the
street, the paint is completely chipped around the edges, and it is
definitely metal. I have also taken my DL4 apart many times to clean the
street grime off of the PCB and switches.... it is definitely metal! I'd
bet my Repeater on it (but not the DL4) :)

> I know of someone who *stomps* on them regularly and
> the button/switch broke through the case.  They do a good job of making
> them look like metal
> however.

Are you sure it broke through the case? Or the bolt holding the switch
to the unit came loose? If it is the latter, it has happened to me
twice. I dont know if Line6 have changed the material for the stomp
boxes for the newer batches, but mine is definitely metal.

> I'm glad that Stuart finds these boxes to work well for him.

The simplicity of the unit is ideal for me. I do not think when I play,
and often play for up to 20 minutes no stop with my eyes closed... for
the street work that I do, it is ideal. However, I have had problems
with overloading the input in a studio environment... I think soon it
will be time to try and find myself an echo Pro.

Considering the abuse that I have put my poor pedal through - playing in
dirty, damp environments, and sometimes in near freezing weather - it
has performed remarkably well considering the price of the box :)

--
Stuart Wyatt - Solo String Project
http://www.solostring.com