Re: prerecorded loops

hmmm... I guess I spend too much time going to CCRMA to hear 'piece for
violin and tape' and 'composition for tape and cello'... or, worse yet
'tape
machine duet'... hehe... :)

but, seriously, we are talking about performance, so, I would tend to agree
if there is no 'performance' happening, then something is lacking... but,
if someone performs on a solo instrument, but, for whatever reason, doesn't
have a band, it seems that prerecorded backing music makes sense...

nine inch nails (until thier last tour) ran 7 tracks of prerecorded
material
along with thier live instrument playing... this, of course, greatly
impinges
on the 'improvability', but, imo, did not take away from the
'performance'...

just a couple of cents from the few I have... :)

-cpr