RE: loops for dance music & album rec for ALL loopers

this is a great interview, btw...

richie is definitely pushing the looping scene, in his own way.  really
great stuff.

::::::

Q: You're taking loop mixing to a new level on DE9.

A: I'm using technology to reevaluate my ideas and trying to approach them
in a different way. Hopefully it will let me do something a bit more
intricate, which usually is what technology allows you to do. In some ways
the album is much like a DJ performance. All I'm doing is layering one
track
over another, but instead of layering them in a linear fashion from the
start of one to the beginning of the next, I've been able to cut each track
up into smaller components and build new ideas by overlaying, intermixing,
and intersplicing loops. Remixing is taking someone else's track and
reinventing it. I tried to reinvent the whole album by using different
pieces of other people's tracks.

::::