Re: live or memorex

> From:"Jimmy Fowler" <jimfowler@prodigy.net>
> certainly nobody is at a point of total and
> absolute freedom, but dj spooky
> (now just a totem) is getting a headstart on
> the game.  what he uses is
> already organized to some degree...i mean, if
> he's cutting it up so much so
> that he's left with a single piano note or a
> single drum hit, then why not
> just play the piano and drum kit and sample
> your own playing?

I see your point, but is that really much of a
headstart?  When I hear somebody like AMon Tobin,
the way he puts samples together to make a song
is so incredible and took such an obvious amount
of work, that the fact that they're samples
doesn't even become an issue for me.  Is it
really that big a difference if the phrases you
use come from your LP collection instead of your
subconcious?

Ernesto