RE: Learning How to use the EDP?

Hi Steven-

It will be a lot easier for people to answer these questions for you if
you
can help us understand more about you. How you might use the Echoplex or
any other looper depends a lot on you, that is why there are no stock
answers for your questions.

What do you wish to do with loops? What kind of music do you play?  How do
you play it and how do you see loops fitting into that? What instrument do
you play, if any? What other gear are you using? What need are you trying
to fill by getting a looper? The more you can answer these questions the
more others can help you. (and probably you will gain a better
understanding of yourself in the process.)

Looping is not a genre of music or something only done by one type of
musician, it is just a tool and a musical approach used by many different
musicians with many different needs, in all styles of music. Saying you
are
a looper doesn't really tell us that much about you. We find customers of
the EDP are all over the map, from regular blues musicians to electronic
dance music producers to ambient players to wildly experimental types to
whatever. It is really varied. If you just tell us that you have an EDP we
can't tell if you are an old skool rapper trying to bring your human beat
box routine into a live drum and bass context or a Fripp wannabe trying to
make droney guitar layers into a soundscape. The "right" answer for one
might be totally wrong for the other.

kim