D-Two Looper Settings

Hi Gang-

I've finally sat down for a few hours with my T.C. Electronics D-Two
delay,
and figures out how to make it function as a simple MIDI-syncable looper
with overdub, multiply, and feedback control.  It will do odd time
signatures, also.  I'm using a Digitech PMC-10 MIDI footcontroller to send
commands, although you could use the front panel easily enough.  Here's
how
to do it:

Set the unit to receive MIDI.  This is under Setup - I set MIDI Sync to
1/1
and Delay mode to Mono for extra time.

Feedback is pretty self-explanatory.  I set the PMC-10 up with CC (#50)
values of 127, 96, and 0 for 100%, 75%, and 0% feedback, respectively.
You
can also use the knob on the front to adjust the feedback.

Overdub uses the Bypass command.  Set the Bypass Mode to "FX In" in
Setup.  You can toggle the front panel button, or else send CC #20 with a
MIDI controller to create either a sustained or toggled overdub.  You
could
also leave it wide open if you want.

Multiply is achieved via the user presets.  I set the Subdivision to 1/16
note, and programmed FB #1 to 32/16 at 0 dB for a two-measure loop, 16/16
for one measure, 8/16 for 1/2 measure, etc., and saved each one to its own
preset.  I set each ones' FB% to 100 so that 100% feedback would be the
default when calling up a preset.  I also programmed Program Change
commands into the PMC-10 to allow me to switch easily between loop lengths.

When you switch presets, there may be a very brief moment of silence.
This
doesn't insert itself into the loop, fortunately.

If anybody else has any good D-Two tricks, I'd be interested in hearing
them.

Enjoy,

-Hans