Re: loopers

If you want a Repeater, I say get one.  Nothing really has changed,
unless you were banking on a few of the bugs being dealt with at some
point.  IVL has promised full technical service, so it's not as if there
will be no support.  Frankly, when you think of it, how many devices
have you purchased that have had multiple upgrades?  I've had synths and
drummachines for years that never progressed past 1.0 in their ROM
version.

SO.  If you don't care about the slight "bump" (a few millisecond volume
change at the beginning of your loop, only detectable when playing a
sustained drone note with no dynamics.  I never notice it) or the wonky
MIDI clock output, the Repeater is still a fine choice for looping.
Think of it this way.  You're not going to have a chance to get one in
the future, and I don't really see any companies releasing multitrack
loopers any time soon.

Mark Sottilaro