Re: D-Two Looper Settings

5 sec stereo; 10 sec mono.  You are right.

"Overdubbing" is not quite the right concept with the D-2 b/c it's not
really a true looper.  I believe that the feedback rate controls how
quickly
something decays, so if it's at 100% it's like setting the JamMan at 16 in
echo mode, in which case you can overdub.  So "overdubs" are possible, I
guess, and it won't affect sample time.

I don't really think of the D2 as having onboard effects, but I guess the
chorus, spatial, ping pong options fall in that category....  Oh yeah,
there
are also some basic filters.  Yup, those are effects all right.

Using these options does not effect the delay time.

This thing doesn't shine as a looper, I don't think.  Mostly, I use it to
tap a tempo and syncopate a rhythm in 1/4. or 1/4T or something weird.  You
can also tap in a rhythm and really mess up a 4/4 drum machine pattern.  It
is clean and awesome and very easy to program.

I also use it with Cubase quite a bit.  B/c you can set things like
"bypass"
to different parameters, I use MIDI to trigger precisely certain parameters
or easily sync to clock.  And w/ the S/PDIF I/O, I often track with the D2
all digital.

I just bought a Control Freak Live, so I'm stoked about controlling
multiple
D2 parameters via knobs rather than menus in a live setting.  Being a
"non-musician" music maker, I have spare hands (most times).

It really is a great box.  I'm not sure it's a "looper" though