Re: Audio interfaces

I saw that Mackie unit too.  That looked pretty cool.

Bias's Deck software is available for OS X now, which I was considering.
But I think I've been convinced to go with the MOTU unit.  Everyone seems
say there's no real comparing the two.

Are the MOTU 828's 8 outputs pass-through, or are they affected by the
volume controls?  Just trying to work out the best way to use it in a live
setting so that I can still use my mixer to control the live sound while
not
necessarily affecting the recorded mix.

Also, do I understand correctly that you can record up to 8 tracks
simultaneously, but can only monitor (hear) two of them?  That is kind of
confusing me in the literature I can find.

Thanks for the input.  I really appreciate it!
Mike

on 7/18/02 10:11 AM, bruno kleinefeld at brunoklein@ideastudioweb.com said
somethin' like: