Re: GODDESS's forward/reverse 'accident

  Claude, I just sang, and it came out this way.  I'd love to play it for
you, but I'm not sure I have enough space in my personal web space at the
moment.  Is there a place I could upload it to?  -Or can I e-mail it to you
privatelY?
  As far as getting turned on to palindromic polyrhythms and simple
palindromic rhythms, I first played with them quite unexpectedly, since I
realized I needed a 9 count when recording in reverse to get a chord to
match up with the beginning of a forward track.  That way, I'd have a four
count forward, and a four count backward, and could get them both dead-on.
<smile>  I thought it was way cool!  lol!
  Anyway, I then was introduced to polyrhythms, some of which being
palindromic, through Music Craft and Guitar Craft.
  This vocal loop just happened though.  I was really surprized  not to be
able to tell the direction.  anyway, if you'd  like to hear it, -just
lemme' know what you'd like me to do, K?

Smiles,

CQ

At 12:02 PM 7/20/02 +0200, you wrote:
>GODDESS
>
>can we have a listen to this accident
>or isnt it the instinctive result of your sutained work with those
stuctures in
>your guitar playing
>that made you sing palindromic by instinct
>work and search always land in your instinctive playing (finnaly....;=)
>
>where can I find more info on the palindromic uses in music
>how did you discover this way of generating structures
>are there others ways
>very interested
>
>Claude

---